Simulation Learning Strategies
- Are you a healthcare professional engaged in clinical teaching?
- Are you an educator?
- Do you want to learn how to use simulation as an effective learning tool?
This 2 day course may be for you!
This course aims to provide an experience that will allow learners to:
- Develop a foundational knowledge of simulation based education strategies
- Identify elements of effective teamwork and incorporate those elements into simulation based learning objectives
- Learn the foundations of debriefing skills and their application in simulation based learning
- Plan and develop a simulation scenario
- Facilitate a simulation scenario
The course provides a mixture of theory and practice and emphasizes debriefing/feedback relevant for learning.
Dr Chris Chin, FRCP (UK), MA Clin Ed.,
Department of Anaesthesia, BC Children’s Hospital
Health care professionals who want to use simulation as a teaching method.
Open to health care professionals involved in clinical teaching.
Cost: Course cost for PHSA staff is free and for non-staff it is $450.00
Register: via the LearningHub – course takes place at the BC Children’s & Women’s Hospital Simulation Centre – E6
For more information contact Jackie Allen – email@example.com
ACCREDITED by UBC CPD: This event is an Accredited Group Learning Activity eligible for up to 14.0 Section 1 credits as defined by the Maintenance of Certification program of the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada. This program has been reviewed and approved by UBC Division of Continuing Professional Development
Next Course Date: